Lose Weight Like an Egyptian

So this week, I decided to start back with the basics. When I learned about food in school we were still dealing with the square meal idea. I started by learning about the food pyramid and standard portion sizes.



When I was on the LAWL plan, it was all about the portions. They were slightly different from those put forth by the USDA. And, come to find out, sometimes very different from the serving sizes printed on nutrition labels. Since I don't remember everything from LAWL, I figured I'd go with the USDA.

Upon further internet digging, I found some handy online tools also promoted by the USDA.
USDA Food & Nutrition Information Center Under Interactive Tools is a great list of online helps.
www.mypyramidtracker.gov This lets you input your food intake and automatically computes caloric and nutrition information.

The biggest thing I learned at LAWL was to keep track of my eating by writing it all down. For me, it forces me to feel some guilt when I reach for unplanned food, knowing that I'll have concrete proof of my indiscretion in the record I'm keeping. With that in mind, I narrowly convinced my husband to start tracking our food intake together. Yay moral support. We'll see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment